Frequently asked questions
How long is the appointment?
A visit to ophthalmologist may last up to one hour (depends on patient's specific reaction to pupil dilating medication and the tests made).
Can I wear contact lenses before the appointment?
Yes, but it is advisable to bring glasses with you as you may have difficulties to reinsert the lenses after the visit.
Will I be able to drive a car after the appointment?
During the examination doctor uses pupil dilating drops to examine the fundus of the eye, which can reduce visual acuity up to 3-4 hours. It is advisable to avoid driving a car or doing other responsible work in this period. Vision acuity will be unclear during reading and doing subtle work.
What do I have to take along when going to surgery?
- Referrence from your general practitioner that there are no contraindications for the surgery;
- Results of analysis;
- CLEAN and comfortable home footwear;
- CLEAN and comfortable clothing (bathrob, pijama, night dress);
- Medication that is being used constantly (hypertensy, diabetes etc);
- Patient must inform the staff about constantly used medicine as well as about any alergic reactions he might have on medication, food etc.
- It is prohibited to use medication containing aspirin 7-10 days prior to surgery and any other prohibitions if specified by the doctor;
- Patient must leave the coats in a special closet, assigned individually;
- All the documents are prepared by the staff;
- Pre-operative preparations are done by nurses, according to the doctor's indications;
- Lunch and dinner is included in the price;
- Surgeries are done throughout the clinic's working hours, it is hard to predict the duration of a specific surgery;
- It is possible to stay in the clinic, under the supervision of the nurse, for 24 hours;
- The next morning after the surgery is meant for a follow-up appointment with the doctor to evaluate the result and decide on the post-operative therapy. After that patient may leave the clinic. If the patient leaves right after surgery, he must return for the follow-up appointment as arranged with the doctor;
- Patients staying overnight, must free the places not later than 8:30-9:00.
What documentation/anaylisis should I take to the surgery?
- General blood count, blood sugar levels;
- Urine analysis;
- Electrocardiogram (ECG);
- Blood pressure measurement;
- Referrence from your GP/therapeut that there are no contraindications for the surgery;
- Follow the suggestions of GP when taking along medication for every day regular use;
Is it possible to make glasses in your clinic?
We provide a total optical service - we test and prescribe, offer a wide range of fashionable frames and even make your glasses for you. The Center can craft most standard glasses in a day - saving you time and relieving work and physical stress.
We also offer a comprehensive range of sunglasses and protective eye and face wear - guaranteed to conform to EU standards.
Do I have to stay in the clinic after laser treatment?
No, it's not necessary, patient can return to the normal routine.
Should I put make up before or after inserting contact lenses?
Make up must be put on only after insertion of contact lenses and cleaned off only after the removal of contact lenses. Don't forget to clean your lenses everytime before putting the into the container.